14 people, 14 chapters, 14 professions, 14 passions, 14 very different stories from 14 people who know who they are . . .
- Bobby Kerr – Broadcasting and business
- Finbar Furey - Music
- Paul Kimmage - Journalism
- Brent Pope – Rugby and television
- Domini Kemp – Hospitality and business
- Mick Dowling – Olympic boxing
- Gary McGann – World-leading business
- Maebh Leahy – Addiction and recovery
- John Healy – Restaurants
- Eamon Morrissey – Theatre and television
- Liz Nolan – Classical music and radio
- Pádraig Ó Céidigh – Business and An Seanad
- Roberta O’Brien – Naval Service
- Tommy Byrne – Formula 1
When we think about famous people, it’s easy to put them on a pedestal and bestow untouchable status on them. In reality, they are ordinary people just like you and me – but it is their experiences that make them extraordinary.
In his new book, IT'S WHO I AM, Conor Kenny talks to 14 extraordinary people who share their heartfelt stories from their very first memories right through to the present.
What inspired them? What influenced them? What drives them? What makes them different to you and me?
The only thing these 14 people have in common is a passion for what they do and for being who they are.
IT’S WHO I AM does not set out to look for threads, trends and common traits. Instead, each person, regardless of gender, profession or riches, is a story – their own story. Like themselves, their journey to today is enthralling and unique, often unplanned and always intriguing. They are inspirational, emotional and overflowing with soul-baring honesty.
IT’S WHO I AM does not prescribe or tell you what to do. Neither is it a manual for the perfect career or life. On the contrary, it teaches us that ordinary can become extraordinary. These 14 extraordinary people share their tears and laughter, their highs and lows, allow us to get to know them and their story and to discover who they really are.
We can draw our own lessons for own lives.