SUCCESS WORKING WITH YOUNG PEOPLE explores how you might adopt a more mindful approach to working with young people and provides practical advice on how to meet the needs of young people.
More specifically, it will help you to:
- Develop a greater awareness and understanding of yourself and what it means to be authentic.
- Understand young people, including vulnerable young people, and the context of their lives.
- Adopt a more mindful approach to working with young people.
- Handle the pressures and challenges of working with young people, including young people’s (sometimes) challenging behaviour.
- Assess the effectiveness of your work with young people.
- Understand and manage the context in which you are working.
Author Maureen O'Callaghan provides information and guidance based upon recognised best practice and up-to-date research, along with tried and tested activities designed to help you reflect upon your experience and then to apply what you have learned.