This practical guide will help anyone to make more effective presentations, whether in person or virtually, with less stress and more confidence.
SHOW TIME! A Guide to Making Effective Presentations (3rd edition) identifies the key factors that make up a successful presentation and offers helpful advice on:
- Overcoming barriers to communication;
- Using relaxation techniques to handle your nerves;
- Understanding your audience;
- Recognizing the impact of non-verbal language;
- Improving physical aspects such as posture, voice and clothing;
- Structuring your talk for clarity and retention;
- Using notes effectively;
- Designing clear visuals and handouts;
- Handling questions skilfully;
- And practising and planning beforehand.
From the Foreword by Örn Bodvarsson, Dean of the Atkinson Graduate School of Management, Willamette University, Salem, OR:
SHOW TIME! is a delightful read! As someone who’s been talking for a living for nearly 40 years, I learned far more from this book than I expected to. This is a book anyone, regardless of experience, who wants to learn to be more efficient, effective, and impactful in public presentations, should absolutely read. From the President of the United States on down to a teen’s class presentation in junior high, Show Time! is the most comprehensive, practical, and fun-to-read book on public speaking I’ve ever seen.